During September, my cousins in Jerusalem graciously invited me to spend a weekend with them. Before arriving at their home, I spent Friday morning on Ben Yehuda street and in the market, Machaneh Yehuda. The market was swarming with people, the vendors were shouting their prices, and it was an altogether enjoyably hectic experience.
 |
| Mango nearly the size of Adam's head... |
 |
| Challah |
 |
| and more Challah! |
Throughout the shuk, you can see vendors with boards piled with Challah lifted above their heads, navigating through the mob. I think this guy flexed for the picture, but, unfortunately, the man in the forefront walked in front of him just as I took the picture.
 |
| Halvah |
 |
| spices |
 |
| And of course, the Kippa Man |
I had a wonderful time with Jamie, Lea, and their sweet baby girl, Maytal. Jamie and Lea let me join them for a delicious Friday night dinner and a very restful Shabbat.
No comments:
Post a Comment